It’s been a pain for me for the past two days that I cannot connect my phone to my home wifi. There was no problem connecting my phone to other wifi connections even to our home wifi back in Bacolod. I bought Linksys WRT120N and followed the setup using the CD provided. Everything was setup properly and my laptop was able to connect it fine. When I tried connecting my phone, I receive the notice ‘Unable to Join Network’… grrr!!
I’ve tried resetting my phone’s network connection several times but still to no avail. I read through forums and watched Youtube videos but it still did not help. I also reset my wireless settings > set a password > when I tried to connect my phone, still unable to join network.
I stumbled on this forum in http://en.kioskea.net and it gave me several options.
1. Type the IP address in your browser URL 192.168.1.1
2. Enter “admin” for both username and password
3. Since I already reset to default settings, I need to manually set the Network Name in Wireless > Basic Wireless Settings
4. Set Security Mode to WPA2-Personal
5. Enter a Passphrase
6. On Administration > set the Router Password
7. Save Settings
When I tried connecting my phone to my home wifi, I used the Administration router password and I am still getting the same error. I tried entering the passphrase instead and viola!! IT WORKS!!
I’m happy that I can now connect my phone to my home wifi. Thank you to Ryan, Juvy, Aiza and Pattie for the suggestions and helping me figure it out.